Visiting Crestwood College

I'M MOVING TO LONDON TOMORROW, which seems utterly insane as I swear I still have so so much to do, including selling my car (if anyone wants a slightly-scratched-but-much-loved 2003 black Ford KA, holla at me...) and clearing out my kitchen cupboards, and perhaps most importantly -- finding lovely people to keep The Homeless Period Southampton up-and-running in my absence (sniff).

So, today, I visited comprehensive secondary school, Crestwood College in Eastleigh to meet with Philosophy and Ethics  Subject Coordinator (how cool does that sound?!), Jess Phillips. The wonderful thing about Jess's involvement is that she's pledged to expand the campaign out of the centre of Southampton and into its surrounding areas, including reaching out to school parents and staff, and finding potential new benefactors.



I have also managed to put in her touch with my friend and fellow R.E. teacher, Paige, who is leading on Plymouth's Homeless Period campaign with the help of her students, staff and local community. 

We also have a whole team of city centre volunteers who have reached out to our donation stations in order to schedule regular collection times and coordinate drop-offs with local charities in-need.

In short, moving will be a real wrench, but Southampton will always be my home, so I'll certainly be back, and in the meantime, keeping following our volunteers' incredible progress and watch this space!


Comments

Popular Posts